About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Lead for Data Scientists who has had hands-on experience in Data Science, can lead and own data science projects and can work closely with commercial leads in terms of DS application for marketing and other commercial opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing data-driven solutions to solve complex business problems, and for providing data-driven insights that will enable the organization to make informed decisions, and plan for marketing activities and other customer initiatives. The ideal candidate needs to own the go-to-market strategy of the solutions development to support commercial go-to-market plans.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements, identify opportunities, and whitespace to commercialize data-driven insights and solutions.
- The candidate will need to lead data analysis and sales pitching for the Annual Media planning process, and have good commercial awareness and communication skills to be able to connect with multiple stakeholders.
- Break down business questions into analytical frameworks, and being able to talk the language of technical teams as well as commercial stakeholders is a key requirement and bridge any gaps.
- The candidate will need to lead the development of end-to-end data lead media solutions, and media measurements to keep ahead of the media industry standards and own roadmap to deploy and modernize media measurements across different media platforms, channels, and mechanics
- Candidates should have some idea of offline and online SSP and DSP platforms and architecture, and market direction to strategically build and improve media solutions, either owned or in partnership with external parties.
- Be proactive and co-own the go to market strategy along with commercial stakeholders for multiple media channels/ and other data commercialization initiatives, and proactively help plan the right focus areas for the team, develop solutions and products to help build the roadmap and pipeline for commercial opportunities.
- Develop and implement predictive models, statistical algorithms, and machine learning models to support business needs.
- Develop and implement data visualizations using PowerBI/ Data Studio/QuickSight/ Tableau/ Excel to effectively communicate insights to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including business analysts, product managers, and developers, to implement data-driven solutions.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies, marketing technology platforms, omni-channel media and industry trends to identify new opportunities for improving data analytics and applications.
- Mentor and coach junior data scientists and data analysts to develop their skills and expertise.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in data science/ engineering/ statistics/economics/ computer science/ mathematics, or a related field is a requirement.
- MBA/Business degree with strong background in technical understanding and hands-on expertise is preferable.
- Online media experience will be a strong advantage.
- 8+ years of experience as a data scientist or data analyst in marketing across any industry is a requirement.
- Strong proficiency in Python/ Pyspark/ SQL/ R is a requirement.
- Strong experience in story telling from data, analysis and insight is required.
- Commercial understanding, and having a balanced approach for go-to-market strategy is a requirement.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling is a bonus.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams is a requirement.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously is a requirement.
- The candidate must display a high sense of accountability and be agile in handling high value projects, and be able to motivate the team to deliver as a shared objective with the commercial plan
- Experience in mentoring and coaching junior/ senior DA/ DS is a requirement.